The members of Rose Youth Foundation will meet for seven meetings over seven months, beginning in September 2019 and ending in March 2020. All members who are not graduating from high school in 2020 and who meet the participation requirements outlined below will be invited to participate for a second year.
Members are required to:
- Attend both mandatory meetings: September 15 and January 12.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings with one pre-approved absence. See 2019-2020 schedule.
- Participate in at least two site visit meetings with potential grantee organizations (scheduled between January 20 and February 20, after school and on weekends).
- Complete homework and prepare for meetings with research and reading.
- Contribute and participate meaningfully in the RYF group process.
- Commit to working and making decisions with peers using consensus.
How Do I Apply?
Confirm that you can meet the participation requirements listed above and then complete the written application by Friday, May 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.. Please use details and examples in responding to the application questions. The selection committee wants to hear your voice and to get to know the real you to the greatest extent possible in a written application. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 31 at 5 p.m.
Each year, approximately three times as many teens apply to participate in Rose Youth Foundation as there are spaces available in the program. As a result, the Foundation is not able to accept all of the qualified and interested students who apply. All applications are reviewed in a “blind” format, meaning any identifying information will be eliminated for the selection committee’s review process.
Each year the selection committee, comprised of Rose Community Foundation staff, volunteer leaders and RYF alumni, strive to create a balanced group with representation from different schools and grades. Members are selected primarily for their demographic, personal and Jewish diversity. An applicant’s ability to demonstrate and articulate their character and perspective, as well as their ability to significantly benefit from and contribute to the group process is also taken into strong consideration when making selection decisions.
Siblings will not be accepted to serve as members of Rose Youth Foundation concurrently.
All applicants will be notified of selection decisions by early July 2019.