Rose Youth Foundation is an eight-month program, beginning in September each year. Members are accepted to serve a two-year term, provided they meet the program participation requirements.
Please see the 2018-2019 meeting schedule
- Attend all four mandatory Retreats (no absences permitted): September 30, October 14, February 10, April 7
- Attend Orientation and all regular Sunday meetings (two pre-excused absences permitted).
- Participate in at least two site visit meetings with potential grantee organizations (scheduled between February 20 and March 29, after school and on weekends).
- Participate fully in grant proposal review and prepare for meetings with research and reading.
- Contribute meaningfully to the RYF group process.
How Do I Apply?
The application for the 2018-2019 cycle of Rose Youth Foundation is now closed. If you would like to be notified when the 2019-2020 application opens, please email Emily Kornhauser at email@example.com, please mention Rose Youth Foundation in your email.
Each year, approximately three times as many teens apply to participate in Rose Youth Foundation as there are spaces available in the program. As a result, we are not able to accept all of the qualified and interested students who apply.
The selection committee, made up of alumni, staff and members of the Foundation’s Jewish Life Committee, strives to create a balanced group each year with representation from many different schools, a relatively equal number of male and female students and balance among students from different grades. Members are selected primarily for their demographic, personal and Jewish diversity. An applicant’s perspective and their ability to significantly benefit from and/or contribute to the group process, as reflected in their application, is also a significant factor in selection decisions.
Siblings will not be accepted to serve as members of Rose Youth Foundation concurrently.
All applications are reviewed in a “blind” format, meaning any identifying information is eliminated for the review process and the selection committee does not know the identities of the students whose applications they are reviewing.
All applicants will be notified of selection decisions by late July 2018.