Rose Community Foundation is excited to launch the first cohort of Generation Now Circle, a new giving circle that brings together a diverse group of talented and engaged individuals ages 25 – 40 to get involved in collaborative philanthropy. During the program, members will:
- Grant approximately $50,000 to nonprofit organizations in the Greater Denver region. Grant dollars are provided by Rose Community Foundation, and additional individual contributions are matched dollar-for-dollar.
- Explore emerging community issues and innovative local solutions.
- Learn about and put into practice Rose Community Foundation’s approach to grantmaking which encourages trust and relationship-building between funder and grantee organizations.
- Identify values with which to build meaningful relationships with a group of diverse peers.
- Become a part of Rose Community Foundation’s network of donors and partners.
We are seeking applicants who feel they have something to contribute to and gain from this collaborative group experience. We encourage participants to have an open mind and be curious about the process and what can be learned from peer members and community voices. Members work together in the spirit of consensus; all voices and perspectives are considered before a final decision is reached.
Members are required to:
- Attend and participate in all meetings; one pre-approved absence is permitted.
- Engage fully in the process, including spending time connecting with fellow members, researching community issues, reading relevant materials and grant proposals, and meeting with nonprofits.
- Accept Rose Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy, Confidentiality Agreement, Authorization and Release, and COVID-19 safety policy prior to participation in the program.
- Make a personally meaningful donation to the Generation Now Circle grantmaking pool. We recognize members have diverse circumstances, and we believe philanthropy is defined by intention and commitment, not by gift size, so there is no recommended donation amount.
Members will meet for seven sessions from January through July 2023. Meetings will be held at Rose Community Foundation (4500 Cherry Creek Drive S, Suite 900, Denver). Foundation staff support the group and facilitate its meetings.
- January 31, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- February 21, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- March 21, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- May 9, 5:30 – 8 p.m. *virtual*
- May 23, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- June 20, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- July 11, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
Rose Community Foundation seeds the group’s grantmaking with $30,000 and provides a dollar-for-dollar match for members’ combined contributions, up to $10,000. All members are asked to make a personally meaningful donation. There is no recommended contribution amount and all amounts donated are confidential.
All applicants should reside within the Greater Denver community – Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties – and be between the ages of 25 and 40 years old. You do not need to be of a certain income level, wealth status or earning potential. We welcome members who can bring a diversity of voices, life experiences and perspectives to the program.