Jewish Women's Fund of Colorado
Jewish Womenâ€™s Fund of Colorado empowers women to create systemic change.
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Jewish Womenâ€™s Fund of Colorado (JWFC), a donor-advised fund of Rose Community Foundation, is to empower women to create systemic change in their lives and in our communities.
Our vision is for women to be effective catalysts for change in the public, private and social sectors.
Our goals are to Engage, Educate and Empower women so that they may become catalysts for change. These three goals intersect, complement and inform everything we do.
- Engage â€“ We engage the community on issues affecting the status of women and girls.
- Educate â€“ We provide educational programming to help women build their confidence, knowledge, skills and networks so they may become catalysts for change. These programs may be one-day or multi-session workshops. We call these programs â€śTransforming Conversations.â€ť
- Empower â€“ We empower individual women to become catalysts for change by connecting them to organizations, strategies, ideas and opportunities for advancing social change.
Our Core Values
We are guided by a commitment to:
- Promoting social and economic justice
- Focusing on systemic change
- Partnering and leveraging existing assets
- Being inclusive in programming, funding and outreach
We conduct our work in accordance with four core Jewish values:
- Kavod â€“ Respect, integrity and inclusivity
- Kavanah â€“ Giving with intent
- Gemilut chasadim â€“ Pursuing actions and commitments beyond financial gifts
- Dor Lâ€™dor â€“ Passing on values, strengthening future generations and recognizing the importance of both elders and youth
We approach our work with a gender lens. We consider the perspective and interests of women in the design, delivery, structure and evaluation of our programs, and the programs and organizations with which we partner or fund.
The driving force behind the Jewish Womenâ€™s Fund of Colorado is Lynda Goldstein. Drawing on her Jewish heritage and experiences as a philanthropist, Lynda sought to engage a diverse group of Jewish women in creating a model for charitable giving that would embrace, engage and value women at all giving levels, ensure their input in decision-making and identify opportunities to make systemic change on issues affecting women and girls.
In 2003, Lynda was joined by Nancy Reichman and Melodye Feldman. Together these three women explored social justice philanthropy, discussed what it meant to â€śgive Jewishly,â€ť reflected on genderâ€™s role in charitable giving, and identified gaps and unmet needs affecting women and girls in the community. In 2005, they cofounded the Jewish Womenâ€™s Fund of Colorado and established it as a donor-advised fund of Rose Community Foundation.
JWFC's programs and operations are managed by Kendra Shore, executive director.
Transforming Conversations â€“ â€śAmplifying Your Voiceâ€ť
Empowering women to create change in their lives and communities
Transforming Conversations is a 10-session workshop designed to provide women the knowledge, tools and strategies needed to make informed choices and take on leadership roles in the public, private and social sector. This program gives women the confidence to value their own insights and perspectives, ability to identify their skills and passions and teaches them concrete skills including communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and how to become an effective agent of change.
- Learn about the status of women and girls in the United States today
- Learn the history of the women's movement and the contributions of Jewish women to the movement
- Gain insight into the role Jews have played in philanthropy in America and how the landscape is changing
- Develop and implement personalized strategies to create change in their lives and communities
- Gain skills to advocate for themselves and causes of importance to them
- Build long lasting relationships
- Become part of a growing network of Jewish women who are catalysts for change
Our Mapping Project
We are creating an online tool for the women's community to share, collaborate, learn and promote change â€“ both online and off.
We hope this online tool will develop and connect a network of individuals and organizations working to advance the status of women and girls, and provide a detailed overview of organizations and programs for women and girls while fostering an environment of collaboration.
This online tool will include the following two components:
- A multi-dimensional, searchable online database providing comprehensive information on nonprofit organizations serving and working to advance the status of women and girls in Denver.
- A robust interactive website that includes issue-specific forums for conversation, blogs, a womenâ€™s community calendar, funding opportunities as well as calls for collaboration and volunteers.
Jewish Womenâ€™s Fund of Colorado believes that the power of the collective is greater than the sum of its parts. We invite you to become involved with our work in a manner that is consistent with your means and capabilities.
There are several ways you can join us in our work.
- Participate in one of our programs
- Join a committee
- Connect us to people or organizations that may provide opportunities to engage, educate and empower women
- Collaborate with JWFC on a program or initiative
- Help build JWFCâ€™s financial resources
We invite you to join others in supporting Jewish Women's Fund of Coloradoâ€™s efforts to engage, educate and empower women so that they may become catalysts for change. There is no such thing as a small contribution â€“ the power of the collective is greater than the sum of its parts. Â
You may visit Rose Community Foundation's online donation page to make a secure credit card donation to Jewish Women's Fund of Colorado. In the "Please direct my gift to" field, choose Jewish Women's Fund of Colorado.
For more information on how you can make a gift of cash or stock, or a planned gift to JWFC, please contact Kendra Shore, executive director, Jewish Women's Fund of Colorado at 303.398.7409 or kshore@RCFdenver.org.
Contributions made to JWFC are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.