As Colorado and the rest of the world wrestle with the far-reaching impacts of COVID-19 on public health, daily life and the economy, Rose Community Foundation remains committed to supporting Jewish life in our community. We understand that every Jewish organization in the Greater Denver region is feeling the impacts of this uncertain and disruptive environment, and we greatly value the work of our partners as they continue to provide services to – or on behalf of – our Jewish community.
Rose Community Foundation’s Jewish Life Grantmaking:
With the support of our Leadership Team and Jewish Life Committee, we have developed the following framework for our Jewish Life grantmaking in this unique moment.
PHASE I: Supporting Jewish organizations on the frontlines of COVID-19 prevention, containment and response. These grants will support organizations that provide direct services to populations most-vulnerable to – or directly impacted by – the medical and/or economic impacts of this pandemic. There is no application process for these dollars; we are in direct contact with organizations that meet these criteria and will be announcing these grants very soon.
PHASE II: Sustaining and nurturing Jewish life in this time of physical isolation. Because so many of our Jewish traditions involve congregating and coming together, these unprecedented times call for creativity and innovation to continue our connections to each other, our traditions and our community.
PHASE III: Helping to mitigate the economic disruption of COVID-19 on Jewish organizations’ financial health. Many organizations’ fundraising events and revenue streams have been disrupted by COVID-19 restrictions and related economic factors may exacerbate challenges with organization’s fiscal health.
Jewish Life Funding Opportunities:
- Rose Community Foundation is preparing for our second round of COVIVD-19 related grantmaking, including support for Jewish nonprofits to focus on near- and long-term mission fulfillment. Learn more here.
- Colorado COVID Relief Fund. Rose Community Foundation is supporting the statewide Colorado COVID-19 Relief Fund, established by Governor Polis at Mile High United Way. We have pledged $150,000 in Foundation grant funds to this effort. Application information is available here.
- Colorado Emergency Childcare Collaborative. Governor Polis convened a number of public, private and nonprofit partners to establish a system of emergency childcare for our most essential workers responding to COVID-19. If you are a licensed childcare provider who is willing to open your facility to provide services to the children of critical emergency workers and first responders, more information can be found here.
- JEWISHcolorado’s COVID-19 Community Response Fund. JEWISHcolorado is currently fundraising for this fund; stay tuned for information about funding opportunities.
- Jewish Community Security Mini-Grants. If you have existing security needs to address – or new security needs created by the COVID-19-related closures of facilities – please remember that Rose Community Foundation and JEWISHcolorado launched a mini-grants fund specifically for security-related expenses at Jewish organizations. Please contact JEWISHcolorado for more information.
- Depending on where in Colorado your organization is located, there may be additional local funding opportunities to which you can apply. Philanthropy Colorado has assembled a list of emergency response funds around the state.
Our CEO Lindy Eichenbaum Lent and I have been – and will continue to – participate in conversations with national and regional Jewish funders from around the country and world – both to advocate for national resources to support Colorado’s Jewish nonprofits and to stay abreast of how Jewish communities and funders from around the country are responding to this evolving situation.
Resources for individuals
If you or your members/partners are in need of additional assistance at this time, Jewish Family Service is providing resources in food assistance, mental health support, emergency financial assistance, and more.
Please feel free to reach out to me with questions.