Fundholder Portal FAQs
- If I have more than one fund, how do I toggle between them in the Fundholder Portal? On the Choose Fund tab, you can select the fund for which you would like to view information.
- How do I view my recent grant history? The Home tab features a list of recent grants by date, as well as contributions to your fund. You will also see a list of your paid grants on the right side of the Make a Grant or Distribution page (or at the bottom of the page on a mobile device). The Grants and Distributions tab summarizes all grant history by grantee.
- How do I make a grant from my donor-advised fund? Click on the Make a Grant or Distribution tab. From there you can select a previous grantee from the drop-down menu, use the search box to search for a grantee (all current and past grantees of Rose Community Foundation and its funds will appear) or manually enter information for a new grantee organization.
- What is the Attachment field on the Make a Grant or Distribution tab for? Do I need to provide accompanying documentation for my grant request? The attachment field is optional and may be used if you have additional information you wish to share with Rose Community Foundation. Additional documentation is not required.
- What information should I include in the Description field? You may use this field to indicate whether your grant is unrestricted or designated to a specific fund or program at the grantee organization.
- What should be included in the Special Instructions field? This field may be used to state if the gift is being made in honor or in memory of a person. Other relevant notes explaining how the grant should be applied may be entered here as well.
- Can I make my grant anonymous? Yes, checking the Anonymous box when completing your grant request will make both the fund name and donor name anonymous. The grant letter that accompanies the grant check will state that an anonymous donor-advised fund at Rose Community Foundation has made a grant in support of the organization. If you do not check this box, the grant letter will recognize both the fund and recommending donor advisor.
- What if I want only my name or fund name to be anonymous, not both? Currently the anonymous selection will make both the donor advisor and fund name anonymous. If this functionality is updated, we will notify you. If you have questions, please contact Anita Wesley.
- How do I make a grant to a fund at Rose Community Foundation? You may make an interfund grant to another fund at the Foundation using the dropdown menu “Other foundation funds” on the Make a Grant or Distribution tab.
- Will I receive an email confirmation when the Foundation receives my grant request? You will not receive confirmation by email, but a confirmation message will display after you click Submit Request. The grant request is immediately received.
- Will I receive notification when the grant has been paid? Yes, you will receive an email notification when the grant has been paid.
Designated or Endowed Funds
- How do I request a distribution from my fund? Download the Distribution Request Form, available on the Documents tab. Complete the form and secure the necessary signature(s). If you are requesting a distribution from more than one fund, you only need to fill out and sign one Distribution Request Form. You will need to upload it separately for each request. On the Make a Grant or Distribution tab, select your organization from the Choose from Previous Grantee drop-down menu. Enter the amount requested and attach your completed and signed Distribution Request Form.
- How do I view my recent distribution history? The Home tab and the Grants and Distributions tab both list recent distributions by date. The Grants and Distributions tab summarizes all distribution history.
- Where can I see the amount available to distribute from my fund? You can see your Spendable Balance on the Home tab. This will reflect the amount available for distribution.
- If I have more than one fund, how do I toggle between them? On the Choose Fund tab, select the fund for which you would like to view information.
- How will I receive my distribution?
To pay our partners quickly and efficiently, Rose Community Foundation prefers to transmit funds via ACH. Participation is optional but encouraged. If your organization is already enrolled in ACH payments, your distribution will be delivered directly to your bank account. If you are not yet enrolled, instructions can be found on the Documents tab on the Fundholder Portal. If you choose not to enroll in ACH payments, your distribution will be paid via check and will arrive in the mail.
Fiscally Sponsored Funds and Special Project Funds
- How do I view grants awarded from my fund? The Home tab and the Make a Grant or Distribution tab both list recent grant distributions by date. The Expenses Paid tab lists all administrative expenses paid.
- How do I view expenses paid from my fund? The Expenses Paid tab lists all administrative expenses paid. “Voucher Activity” summaries total expenses by payee. “Vouchers” shows individual expenses paid by date.
- How do I view funds received into my fund? The Home tab and the Contributions tab both list recent contributions, both donations and grants, received by date. The Payments Received tab lists other payments received, including reimbursements or invoice payments.