The application to participate in the 2018 cycle of Roots & Branches Foundation is now open! Applying to participate in Roots & Branches Foundation is a two-part process:
- An online written application due by Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- An informal, informational interview with an alum of Roots & Branches that will take place between May 7 and 25.
All applicants should reside within the Greater Denver community of Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties, identify as Jewish, and be between the ages of 25 and 40 years old.
All members commit to:
- Attend and participate in all meetings (one pre-approved absence is permitted). See 2018 meeting schedule here.
- Spend time outside of meetings reading, researching issues and meeting with nonprofits for site visits. Site visits will take place from October 29 – November 25.
- Make a personally meaningful donation to the Roots & Branches grantmaking pool. We recognize that members have diverse circumstances and we believe philanthropy is defined by intention and commitment, not by gift size, so there is no recommended donation amount and amounts contributed are kept confidential.
- Work together in the spirit of consensus; all voices and perspectives are considered before a final decision is reached. This kind of collaboration requires participants to be curious, open, patient and committed to process, not just outcomes. Working as a team in this way is rewarding, but we realize it is not for everyone. We ask applicants to consider their comfort with group collaboration before applying.
Each year, more people apply to participate in Roots & Branches than there are spaces in the program. All applications are reviewed by a selection committee comprised of Rose Community Foundation staff, volunteer leaders and Roots & Branches alumni. Applications are reviewed blind; all personally identifying information is removed before selectors receive applications. The selection committee also considers alumni interview feedback on each applicant. The committee discusses each application and selects members primarily for their demographic, professional, personal and Jewish diversity and for the degree to which each applicant stands to benefit from and contribute to the Roots & Branches experience. Applicants will be notified of selection decisions in mid-June.