The Hadanou Collective (HNC)
Purpose: To support HNC’s capacity development with diverse education and nonprofit leaders focused on reducing inequities in the Denver eco-system and to strengthen organizations led by emerging African American leaders.
HNC is a pathway for community-driven leaders to build high quality, sustainable, equitable institutions. As a Collective, HNC has three core functions:
- Find great leaders who are already doing this work in their communities.
- Develop their abilities to increase the quality and reach of their impact.
- Coordinate their impact towards a single clear vision and set of outcomes.
Latino Community Foundation of Colorado
Purpose: To support the Latino Community Foundation of Colorado (LCFC) in management of the Colorado Immigrant Funders Collaborative (CIFC), which supports immigrants and refugees, and the grassroots organizations that support them, at a time when rhetoric and policies are creating fear, separating families, creating economic instability and increasing mental health issues among individuals, families and communities.
LCFC serves as the lead organization for the CIFC, a collaborative formed to engage and encourage Colorado funders throughout the state to support immigrant issues. Founded in 2015, CIFC supports organizations in their mobilizing efforts, helping to build greater capacity to implement rapid response services and legal services, and expand current knowledge around issues. Through CIFC, LCFC provides opportunities for local and national funders to learn more about immigrant issues and how they can respond.
2020 grantees have not yet been selected, but 2019 grantees include:
- Antonito Homeschool Consortium
- Associacion de Jovenes Unidos en Accion (AJUA)
- Casa de Paz
- Child and Migrant Services, Inc.
- Colorado Circles for Change
- Downtown Aurora Visual Arts (DAVA)
- El Comite de Longmont
- Grupo Esperanza
- Latina Safehouse
- Mujer, Fuerza, y Sentimiento
- OneMorgan County