Grant Guidelines for Health
Health Impact Goal:
To promote a health care system that is more coordinated, affordable and accessible.
Health Grants Funding Priorities:
- Access to Care – Efforts to make health insurance coverage, and health and mental health services accessible to low-income individuals facing the greatest barriers to necessary health care.
- Cost-Effectiveness of the Health Care System – Efforts to create a more cost-effective health care system, particularly for the underserved.
- Health Policy and Public Health Leadership – Efforts to develop, inform and equip leaders who can help create a more accessible and well-coordinated health care system.
- Primary Prevention – Efforts by organizations and coalitions working to prevent disease, and to promote community health.
The greatest consideration goes to applications that seek to improve access and coordination of the health care system over the long term. We may also fund local efforts to document and understand the community’s health needs. To address immediate needs for health care, we may fund direct services.
Grants Generally Not Supported:
- Capital requests (except from safety-net providers that serve low-income populations)
- Basic or clinical research
- Disease-specific programs