Grant Guidelines for Education
Education Impact Goal:
Every child in the Greater Denver K-12 public education system will reach their full potential by having effective teachers in every classroom, innovative school designs that meet the needs of 21st century learners and comprehensive policies that support systemic change.
Education Grants Funding Priorities:
- Teacher Effectiveness – Invest in opportunities to strengthen the recruitment and retention of high quality teachers. We are interested in projects that build leadership capacity to create cultures of success for educators as they progress through their careers.
- Public school and System Design – Deepen investments in public innovation schools and school systems that have demonstrated – or have the potential to demonstrate – academic success with high poverty students.
- Systemic Change – Projects that ensure successful policy investments which improve public education are created, remain in place and grow in support.
- Out-of-School Time – Recognizing that schools alone cannot raise student achievement, we will make a limited number of grants each year to education programs operating during out-of-school time.
Grants Generally Not Supported:
- Capital requests
- Individual charter schools or private schools
- Professional development opportunities that are not part of a district-wide program