Fall 2021 Open Funding Opportunity
This grant opportunity is intended to support organizations and projects that can propose specific activities and intended results that contribute to an equitable recovery from the pandemic and to advancing a more equitable, just, inclusive and engaged Greater Denver, especially in communities most disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and systemic racism.
We seek to fund organizations addressing the following objectives:
- Recovery – supporting opportunities that contribute to an equitable recovery of our community
- Reimagining – supporting opportunities that are intentionally creating a more equitable, just, inclusive, and engaged Greater Denver
- Results and learning – supporting organizations that can demonstrate/measure impact and learn/share knowledge about our community’s challenges and progress in advancing equity, justice, engagement and inclusion
To achieve our goals of creating a more just, equitable, inclusive and engaged Greater Denver, we fund work in the following pathways:
- August 16 – 27: Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process open. Organizations will be able to submit a short narrative to determine eligibility and fit for the full application.
- September 1: Application invitation notification. Organizations will be notified whether they are invited to submit a full application or are declined for this opportunity.
- September 1 – 17: Full application open. Invited organizations will be notified on September 1 and will apply through the Foundation’s online grants portal.
- September 27 – 29: Virtual site visit. Organizations may be contacted for “site visit” calls.
- October 25: Grant decisions announced.
- November 1, 2021 – October 31, 2022: Grant period for funded projects.
Nonprofit organizations, schools, government entities and other tax-exempt organizations serving the seven-county Greater Denver region (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties). Unincorporated organizations, groups and initiatives may apply but must have a tax-exempt fiscal sponsor.
Please note: organizations that received grants through our 2021 policy & advocacy or Jewish life grant cycles are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
How to Apply
The deadline to submit the LOI closed on August 27. Invited organizations will be notified on September 1 about how to submit a full application.
More details, including the RFP questions, full funding timeline, eligibility requirements, reporting and grantee expectations, and application criteria are included in the the RFP overview.
You may sign up for a 20-minute time slot to talk with one of our program officers about this opportunity. Use the appointment links on this page to schedule a time to meet with Program Officers Tricia Bonman (she/her/hers), Therese Ellery (she/her/hers) or Maria Torres (she/her/hers).
If you have questions about the grants portal or need assistance with access, please contact grants manager Kelly Costello (he/him/his).