Grant Guidelines for Aging
Aging Impact Goal:
To ensure a spectrum of opportunities and services are available to support Greater Denver’s older adults in living independent and meaningful lives for as long as possible.
Aging Grants Funding Priorities:
- Direct In-Home and Community-Based Services – Programs that support assistance for daily living activities (including care management, home safety, home repair, home-delivered meals and transportation) and caregiver support.
- Transportation – Projects to increase senior mobility through expanded and improved access to transportation services.
- Systemic Change – Efforts with selected partners to address emerging issues and opportunities that have the potential for systemic change.
Higher consideration given to requests addressing one or more of the following components:
- Public awareness and information that reaches a large number of caregivers and/or older adults
- Strategies for systemic change
- Collaboration and coordination among service providers to increase the availability and quality of services
- Impact on significant numbers of older adults, caregivers and/or organizations
- Cultural relevance
- Economic and/or social need
Grants Generally Not Supported:
- Capital requests
- Senior centers
- Disease-specific programs
- Skilled care
- Health wellness and prevention