Rose Community Foundation’s Jewish Life program area seeks to support organizations and programs that are reflective of the Greater Denver region’s diverse Jewish communities and offer meaningful and relevant opportunities to engage in Jewish life, while welcoming diverse individuals, families and practices. Learn more about this commitment and the Foundation’s vision.
Upcoming funding opportunities are listed below.
June 2021 Grant Opportunity
Priority Funding Areas
Grants will be directed for programs and/or projects that are advancing one of the following goals:
- increasing the organizational strength and capacity of a Jewish organization working in support of the seven-county Denver metro area Jewish community
- reflective of diverse Jewish communities and offering meaningful and relevant opportunities to engage in Jewish life
- supporting a specifically Jewish effort seeking to advance social justice by engaging Jewish people and using Jewish values and traditions to respond to one or more key social and economic issues of our time
Grants may be structured as programmatic grants, and in some cases, general operating support may be considered. Please speak with our staff before applying for general operating support.
Jewish nonprofits, schools or other tax-exempt organizations operating in the seven county Greater Denver region.
Please note: if you have never received a grant or you have a currently open grant from Rose Community Foundation, or wish to discuss your proposal, please email Vanessa Bernier, the Foundation’s program officer for Jewish Life, before beginning an application.
Organizations that have never received funding from Rose Community Foundation or have not received funding from the Jewish Life program area since 2016 are eligible to apply only for project/program support of up to $25,000.
- Proposal deadline: May 14, 2021
- Notification of funding: no later than June 18, 2021
- Given the anticipated volume of applicants, most communication (including notification of funding) will be via email.
- Grant period: June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022
- Final report due: June 30, 2022
How to Apply
Submit your application through the online grants portal by Friday, May 14 at 5:00 p.m. If you are unable to submit the application online, please email Grants Manager Kelly Costello. Since Rose Community Foundation staff are working remotely and a large volume of applications are expected, email communication is preferred.
Si necesita ayuda para traducir esta aplicación al Español, por favor contacte a Maria Torres.
September 2021 Grant Opportunity
This grant opportunity will have the same priorities as the June opportunity. It will launch in the summer, with grants made in September.
More detailed information about this round of funding will be made available soon.
- Grant opportunity open: June 28, 2021
- Proposal deadline: July 30, 2021
- Notification of funding: No later than September 14, 2021
Please reach out to Vanessa Bernier with any questions.