October 2018 Event: “Will you Count? Why the 2020 Census Matters”
On October 23, 2018, Rose Community Foundation — Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Association of Funders, Colorado Nonprofit Association and Community Resource Center — hosted a convening on 2020 Census. The following resources were shared at the event.
Morning session materials:
- Morning slide deck
- Together We Count’s Action Plan for a Fair and Accurate Census
- Together We Count’s glossary of terms
- Together We Count website
- A live stream on the Rose Community Foundation Facebook page
Afternoon session materials:
The Facts on Immigration
In partnership with the Colorado Association of Funders, Rose Community Foundation presented two forums to provide information and perspectives on issues around immigrants and refugees for the philanthropic and nonprofit communities. The afternoon session was presented in partnership with the Colorado Nonprofit Association and the Community Resource Center. Both events took place on May 24 at the Denver Art Museum.
Both forums featured a keynote by Muzaffar Chishti, director of the Migration Policy Institute’s office at the New York University School of Law, along with panels of local experts.
Keynote Presentation (from morning session)
Morning Panel 1
Morning Panel 2
Afternoon Panel 1
Afternoon Panel 2
Sept. 2017 Forum: “Working with Organizations and Institutions to Keep Students and Families Safe”
Hosted by: Rose Community Foundation
Presentations and Session Materials:
- Keynote Presentation (Nikki Marquez, Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- K-12 Education Session
- Early Childhood Centers Session
- Healthcare Session
- Higher Education Session
ILRC Community Resources
- General Community Resources
- Using Your Red Cards
- ILRC Red Cards
- Know Your Rights and What Immigrant Families Should Do Now
- Help for Immigrant Families: Guidance for Schools
- Plan de Preparacion Familiar
- Family Preparedness Plan
ACLU Community Resources
Additional Resources and Links to Share
DACA Recipients/Undocumented Students:
- Colorado DREAMer Ally Network Tip Sheet English
- Colorado DREAMer Ally Network Tip Sheet Espanol
- April Recess Fact Sheet Colorado
For Families/Family Serving Organizations:
- Protecting Assets and Child Custody in the Face of Deportation (Appleseed Network)
- Be Not Afraid Family Safety Planning Toolkit (Lutheran Family Services)
For Healthcare Providers and Health Coverage Assisters:
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers and Health Coverage Assisters
- Powerpoint Presentation of Fact Sheet
- Employee Guidance Template for Healthcare Facilities Responding to Immigration Enforcement
- Immigrant Patient Rights English
- Denver Health Immigrant Patient Rights -Espanol 2017_al
Additional General Resources:
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association features up-to-date information on DACA, lists legal workshops and clinics happening throughout Colorado.
- National Immigration Law Center is providing information on immigrants’ rights and eligibility to access federal and state economic support programs.
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory can help you search for immigrantion legal services by state, county or detention facility.
- New Americans Campaign has information on naturalization, citizenship workshop dates, and resources on how to find naturalization legal services.