Working with Organizations and Institutions to Keep Students and Families Safe
Hosted by: Rose Community Foundation
Presentations and Session Materials:
- Keynote Presentation (Nikki Marquez, Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- K-12 Education Session
- Early Childhood Centers Session
- Healthcare Session
- Higher Education Session
ILRC Community Resources
- General Community Resources
- What Do I Need to Know about the End of DACA?
- Using Your Red Cards
- ILRC Red Cards
- Know Your Rights and What Immigrant Families Should Do Now
- Help for Immigrant Families: Guidance for Schools
- Plan de Preparacion Familiar
- Family Preparedness Plan
ACLU Community Resources
Additional Resources and Links to Share
DACA Recipients/Undocumented Students:
- Colorado DREAMer Ally Network Tip Sheet English
- Colorado DREAMer Ally Network Tip Sheet Espanol
- April Recess Fact Sheet Colorado
For Families/Family Serving Organizations:
- Protecting Assets and Child Custody in the Face of Deportation (Appleseed Network)
- Be Not Afraid Family Safety Planning Toolkit (Lutheran Family Services)
For Healthcare Providers and Health Coverage Assisters:
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers and Health Coverage Assisters
- Powerpoint Presentation of Fact Sheet
- Employee Guidance Template for Healthcare Facilities Responding to Immigration Enforcement
- Immigrant Patient Rights English
- Denver Health Immigrant Patient Rights -Espanol 2017_al
Additional General Resources:
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association features up-to-date information on DACA, lists legal workshops and clinics happening throughout Colorado.
- National Immigration Law Center is providing information on immigrants’ rights and eligibility to access federal and state economic support programs.
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory can help you search for immigrantion legal services by state, county or detention facility.
- New Americans Campaign has information on naturalization, citizenship workshop dates, and resources on how to find naturalization legal services.