This page will be updated regularly as new giving opportunities and resources emerge. Please keep checking back and feel free to contact us with any questions.
A note for our donor-advised fund holders. All giving opportunities below accept online donations via credit card; you also may support them with grants from your donor-advised fund. Enter the name of the organization and the name of the response fund in your request on Donor Central. If you have questions, please contact Anita Wesley.
Rose Community Foundation giving
- Rose Community Foundation has committed the entirety of our remaining 2020 grantmaking to a multi-phased response to the impact of COVID-19 in our region. In the first phase of grantmaking, the Foundation awarded over 120 grants totaling over $1.7 million to nonprofits supporting the community’s most vulnerable and impacted populations. Read more about that grantmaking. In June, the Foundation and its fundholders awarded 395 grants totaling over $4.1 million in its second phase of COVID-19 grantmaking. Read more about that grantmaking.
- There will be no additional open community grantmaking funding opportunities in 2020. Our last COVID-19 opportunity of 2020 will be invitation-only. While no timeline has been established yet, we will be announcing 2021 opportunities via our website and social media.
- If you would like to partner with Rose Community Foundation in your own philanthropy, consider donating to the COVID-19 R.E.S.P.O.N.D. FUND.
Greater Denver giving opportunities
- For donors interested in giving directly to nonprofits, the Foundation’s Philanthropic Services team can connect you to opportunities that align with your priorities and values. If you would like resources on your own charitable gift planning, please access our planning tools.
- If you are interested in seeing the full list of local organizations the Foundation has supported in its first two phases of COVID-19 grantmaking, visit our COVID-19 Response page.
COVID-19 relief funds
- Nationwide community foundation relief efforts
- Aspen Community Foundation: COVID-19 Regional Response Fund
- Colorado Media Project: COVID-19 Informed Communities Fund
- Community Foundation Boulder County: COVID-19 Response Fund Boulder County
- Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley: Gunnison Valley COVID-19 Recovery Fund
- Community Foundation of Northern Colorado: COVID-19 Response Fund
- Community Foundation of the San Luis Valley: SLV Response Fund
- Community Foundation Serving Southwest Colorado: Community Emergency Relief Fund
- Eagle Valley Community Foundation: COVID-19 Hunger Relief Response Fund
- Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center: Estes Park Nonprofit Relief Fund
- Grand Foundation: Emergency Assistance Fund for COVID-19
- Latino Community Foundation of Colorado: Ayuda Colorado Fund
- Longmont Community Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor Covid-19 Relief Fund
- Montrose Communty Foundation: Montrose Emergency Relief Fund
- Pikes Peak Community Foundation: Emergency Response Fund
- Telluride Foundation: COVID-19 Response Fund
- United Way of Pueblo County: Emergency Response & Relief Fund
- Weld Community Foundation: Weld Recovers COVID-19 Relief
- Western Colorado Community Foundation: COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- The Women’s Foundation of Colorado: Women and Families of CO Relief Fund
- Yampa Valley Community Foundation: COVID-19 Response Fund
Other ways to help
- Help Colorado Now is organizing volunteers statewide. Sign up here. They are also soliciting donations for masks, gloves, cleaning supplies and baby formula.
- They are specifically seeking former or retired health care workers to help at hospitals, testing sites, or care facilities. Sign up here to volunteer.
- Mile High United Way is organizing volunteers to help Denver nonprofits.
- Jewish Family Service is in need of volunteers as well as donations of shelf-stable food, toilet paper, diapers, and wipes.
- A Little Help is seeking driver volunteers to help older adults.
- Blood donations are essential to fighting COVID-19. If you you are eligible, make an appointment at a Vitalant donation center or blood drive near you.
Resources for nonprofits
- Mile High United Way is organizing volunteers to help Denver nonprofits. To request volunteers, contact email@example.com
- The state is also organizing volunteers for organizations, nonprofits and government agencies. To request volunteers, complete this form.
- Colorado Nonprofit Association: COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Nonprofit Finance Fund: COVID-19 Tools and Resources for Nonprofits
- Community Resource Center: COVID-19 Resources and Funding Updates
- Colorado Creative Industries: COVID-19 CO Creatives Relief Grant
- Denver Arts & Venues: IMAGINE 2020 Artist Assistance Fund
- Gates Family Foundation: COVID-19 Education Innovation Fund
- Grantmakers in Aging: Momentum Fund