Message from the President
Thank you for visiting our website and for giving us the opportunity to tell you more about our work.
When the Foundation was created in 1995 following the sale of Rose Medical Center, the founding trustees provided us with a clear vision that the Foundation should work to improve the quality of life in the Greater Denver community by lowering barriers and increasing access for the people who need it most.
Since then, the Foundation has granted many millions of dollars by investing in organizations across the community who are helping to make the Greater Denver area a better place for all people – primarily through our emphasis on aging, child and family development, education, health and Jewish life.
Our work in the community is much more than our grants. We convene, organize, partner and facilitate – all in coordination with our grantmaking – to advance positive change in the community.
We believe that promoting strategic philanthropy is central to our mission. Individual donors, families, nonprofits, businesses, and local and national funders benefit from the Foundation's deep community expertise, and from our commitment to helping donors become more thoughtful in their philanthropy.
From the beginning, a few core values and principles have guided the Foundation's work and continue to shape how we work today:
- We have a commitment to excellence, in visionary leadership and in building partnerships to promote innovative solutions.
- We are guided by our Jewish values of philanthropy, justice and nondiscrimination to strengthen the communities we serve and their capacity to effectively address enduring problems and emerging issues.
- We believe in thoughtful risk taking and in having a disciplined, long-view perspective.
- We responsibly and transparently steward the community assets that have been entrusted to us and we direct those resources toward measurable impact.
- And we recognize our special relationship with the Jewish community in the Greater Denver area. We are committed to connect Jews to Jewish life and to each other and to strengthen institutions serving the Jewish community, now and in the future.
These values and guiding principles compel us to leave the community a better place than we found it.
Throughout the website we'll highlight innovative projects, people, initiatives and donor partnerships. We hope that these success stories will encourage you to want to learn more about us and our work and to want to join us.
I invite you to sign up to receive our news so we can keep you up to date on our progress.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Rose Community Foundation.
President and CEO