Rose Youth Foundation Grants
2016 Rose Youth Foundation Grants – $60,000
Preventing Teen Pregnancy Through Comprehensive Sex Education and Access to Contraception
- Boulder County Public Health (Boulder) $10,000 to support Genesister, a pregnancy prevention program for the sisters of pregnant and parenting teens combining sex education, service learning and empowerment to complete high school.
- Girls Inc. (Denver) $6,000 to support the Healthy Girl program, an after-school program teaching adolescent and teenage girls comprehensive sex education including decision-making, assertiveness, avoiding risky situations, contraception and abstinence.
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (Denver) $14,000 to support the Responsible Sex Education Institute, empowering students with information and skills to foster healthy relationships and safer sex.
- Women’s Health (Boulder) $15,000 to support the SHAPE program, a youth-led program providing peer education about HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and contraception, and a safe conversation space for challenging topics.
Supporting Pregnant and Parenting Teens in Completing High School
- Florence Crittenton Services (Denver) $5,000 to support the Student & Family Support Program, providing comprehensive services to empower teen moms to be loving, nurturing, supportive parents and self-sufficient, successful students and community members.
- New Legacy Charter School (Denver) $10,000 to support the on-site Early Learning Center, providing high-quality early childhood education and care that promotes healthy child development while allowing teen moms and dads to complete their high school educations and develop the skills they need to succeed in college, careers and as parents.